All pupils are transported to and from home via taxis organised by NYCC Integrated Passenger Transport Group (IPT).
Rigorous procedures are followed to ensure pupil safety at all times, these include (as a minimum):
- all drivers have clearance from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- vehicles are frequently subject to unannounced checks to confirm they meet full DLVA requirements
- an insistence that drivers have radio or mobile phone communication throughout the journey
The IPT will also:
- inform parents and carers which company will be used to transport their child
- provide contact details for the company
- confirm pick up and drop off time
Please be aware that Forest Moor School does not have autonomy over any transport-related decision or action.
Home/school transport is provided by NYCC SEN Team.
Contact the transport team on 01609 533679