Uniform Example - Male
Uniform Example - Female
At Forest Moor, we want to remove as many barriers to learning as possible. This includes the use of a school uniform. At Forest Moor we encourage students to wear the uniform provided (badged hooded jumper or badged V- neck jumper).
However, Forest Moor understands that due to sensory processing difficulties some students may choose to wear appropriate clothing that meets those sensory needs.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of appropriate clothing:
- Back or dark trainers or shoes (wellington boots if required)
- Plain black/grey or dark jogging bottoms, trousers or shorts
- T-shirt or appropriate jumper
Coat for outdoor activities
- We would encourage students to wear clothes that cater to the weather as school can become hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
Appropriate clothing is not:
- Steel toe cap boots or similar
- ‘Mallet’ branded trainers or other shoes that cause damage to the school floors
- Short t-shirts that reveal the torso
Clothes with inappropriate or offensive logs
For more information please see our Behaviour & Relationship Policy.
Our policy does not cover hairstyles or hair colour as we would encourage our students to explore and feel comfortable with their own individuality.